[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Netscape && FTP sites

Guess what, I found a way *around* the following problem, which occurs on
*all* Netscape FTP sites (not just ftp11.netscape.com below) from
<http://home.netscape.com/comprod/mirror/java-patch-download.htm> which
gives this error:

> Fatal Error 500
>
> Can't Access Document: ftp://ftp11.netscape.com/2.0/patch/moz2_0.zip.
>
> Reason: FTP-server replies: 2.0: No such file or directory..
>

> CERN httpd 3.0

Here is how to I managed to get around it, at least I hope so:

ftp://ftp10.netscape.com/2.01/unix/

For example, I am now in the process of downloading

ftp://ftp10.netscape.com/2.01/unix/netscape-v201-export.hppa1.1-hp-hpux.tar.Z

and already see there is 3500K read (and climbing), so it must be the full
version upgrade, yes!  :-)  I cannot find the words to describe this moment..
and there are a lot of other versions there.

This ftp site (and all other Netscape ftp sites under this path) appears to
contain the full Netscape 2.01 upgrade, not just the patch.  I am now
downloading it so we shall see how it works..  :-)

Gene Ingram                                  gene@cup.hp.com
                                     ingram@pubs.holosys.com